Frequently Asked Questions

Who can Help me if I am in Debt?
Last Updated a year ago

There are several agencies to whom you can turn for help and advice if you are in debt. Below are some of them. You should check online for the details of your nearest contact point or telephone their head offices. Some of these have helpful fact advice sheets you can download.

Citizens' Advice Bureau Contact your local Branch Office
Debt Advice Foundation 0800 043 4050
Debt Advisory Service 0800 019 1278
Legal Aid Agency 0300 200 2020
Money Advice Service 0800 138 7777
The National Debt line 0808 808 4000
Your Local Authority/Local Council Contact your local Branch Office

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!